All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of original essays brings together contributors from both sides of the Atlantic to discuss the implications of the new media for the creation, delivery and assessment of English studies. Strategies by which digital techlogies can serve professional, scholarly and pedagogical needs in a completely new way are explored in the context of the role and mission of humanities in the electronic age, student learning from a distance, teaching e-lit, electronic tutorials and interdisciplinarity and collaboration in a virtual environment. Including a useful Glossary of Terms and lists of Further Reading and Key Individuals in the field, this will be an essential volume for all teachers of English Studies.
- Author BiographyBRYAN ALEXANDER National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education, Middlebury College, Vermont, USA ANDREW BOOTH Director, Flexible Learning Development Unit, Professor of On-Line Learning in the School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, UK LISA BOTSHON Associate Professor, University of Maine, Augusta, USA DOROTHEA FISCHER-HORNUNG Lecturer, University of Heidelberg, Germany WOLFGANG HOLTKAMP Lecturer, University of Stuttgart, Germany CHRISTOPHER KELTY Assistant Professor, Rice University, Texas, USA STUART LEE Head of the Learning Technologies Group, Oxford University, UK DAVID LINDLEY Professor, University of Leeds, UK LEON LITVACK Reader, Queen's University Belfast, UK ALAN LIU Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA JIM O'LOUGHLIN Assistant Professor, University of North Iowa, USA OLIVER PICKERING Deputy Head of Special Collections, Leeds University Library, UK ERIC RABKIN Professor, University of Michigan, USA JEFF RICE Assistant Professor of English, Wayne State University, USA DUCO VAN OOSTRUM Senior Lecturer, University of Sheffield, UK
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication21/03/2006
- Series TitleTeaching New English S.
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight253 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDeborah L. Madsen,Michael Hanrahan
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.