All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching that Matters invites principals and teachers to make changes that will allow all students to succeed. Thoms urges administrators and teachers to reconsider traditional practices in light of today's media-driven culture and digitally wired students. While sensitive to the challenges schools face Thoms is relentless in offering strategies to meet these challenges. Rather than focus on improving test scores, Teaching that Matters advocates that teachers teach to a child's whole symphony, t only to one te. If students only learn to succeed on bubble tests, they will t have opportunities to discover their true potential. Thoms sees the teaching process as a joint venture between teacher and student where the teacher brings learning to the student and, at the same time, brings the student to the learning. This process demands at least as much listening as talking, a new habit that teachers and principals need to learn. By meeting invative principals and teachers who engage students, this book will help you to learn to change traditional classroom practices into exciting alternatives.
- Author BiographyFrank Thoms has been an innovative public and private school teacher known for his unique ideas and ability to connect with colleagues, students and parents. He has taught in three countries: the US, England, and Russia and the former Soviet Union and has served as a consultant in more than one hundred-twenty-five schools.
- Author(s)Frank Thoms
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight308 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.