Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Theory is a collection of essays which addresses the impact of Theory upon degree courses, the practicalities of teaching and the broader rationale for literary studies as a university subject. Essays range from pieces which examine the problems in bridging the divide between landmark Theory texts and an accessible teaching programme, through the benefits and otherwise of the abundance of student-targeted Theory-Guides to reflections upon how, forty years after its arrival in the UK and the U.S., Theory has altered the landscape of literary studies.
- Author BiographyRICHARD BRADFORD is Research Professor of English at the University of Ulster, UK and has previously held posts in Oxford, the University of Wales and Trinity College, Dublin. He has published twenty books on a variety of topics including 18th Century Criticism, Modern Literary Theory and Stylistics. His biographies of Kingsley Amis, Philip Larkin, and Alan Sillitoe were all favourably reviewed in the mainstream press and his biography of Martin Amis will appear in 2010.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching the New English
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight226 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRichard Bradford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.