All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Toward Democracy examines the contested space of schooling and school reform with a focus on the unique challenges and opportunities that teaching in a democratic society provides. Teaching in and for democracy involves developing particular qualities of mind that teachers explore and work to develop as they become more effective educators. Some chapters open with familiar experiences in the lives of teachers in schools (working with parents and communities, or dealing with classroom discipline and management) and illuminate that commonplace in new, helpful, and sometimes startling, ways. Other chapters present possible interventions any teacher might make in any classroom for example, using the arts as an organizing center and metaphor for teaching more generally, or rethinking the press of politics on our every day practice. This book foregrounds the central idea that democratic ideals are a necessary starting point and context in which to enact our teaching here and w.
- Author(s)David Stovall,Erica Meiners,Kevin Kumashiro,Therese M. Quinn,William Ayers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.