Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.58+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.25Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lilaboti2011
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Yoga is an essential resource for new and experienced teachers as well as a guide for all yoga students interested in refining their skills and kwledge. Addressing 100% of the teacher training curriculum standards set by Yoga Alliance, the world's leading registry and accreditation source for yoga teachers and schools, Teaching Yoga is also ideal for use as a core textbook in yoga teacher training programs. Drawing on a wide spectrum of perspectives, and featuring more than 150 photographs and illustrations, the book covers fundamental topics of yoga philosophy and history, including a historical presentation of classical yoga literature: the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Pataljali, and the main historical sources on tantra and early hatha yoga. Each of the eleven major styles of contemporary yoga is described, with a brief history of its development and the distinguishing elements of its teachings. Exploring traditional and modern aspects of anatomy and physiology, the book provides extensive support and tools for teaching 108 yoga poses ( asanas ), breathing techniques ( pranayama ), and meditation. Teaching Yoga offers practical advice for classroom setup, planning and sequencing classes, as well as the process involved in becoming a teacher and sustaining oneself in the profession. The book has over 200 bibliographic sources, a comprehensive index, and a useful appendix that lists associations, institutes, organizations, and professional resources for yoga teachers.
- Author BiographyAn esteemed yoga instructor who has trained over 1200 yoga teachers, Mark Stephens conducts classes, workshops, and retreats worldwide. The founder of Yoga Inside Foundation, L.A. Yoga Center, and the recipient of Yoga Journal's first annual Karma Yoga Award in 2000, he lives and teaches in Santa Cruz, CA. Foreword contributor Mariel Hemingway is an actress and longtime yoga practitioner and teacher.
- Author(s)Mark Stephens
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note158 Black and White Photos, 12 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight989 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.