All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will provide instruction to safely teach yoga but in the context as a lifelong holistic practice and with a pedagogical emphasis. To integrate yoga into an existing physical education class, academic curriculum, community, camp or after school programme, the book provides flexible programming activities and some sample activity plans and a stand alone class for children through teens adaptable for a variety of settings. Included in this book is a brief introduction to 'yoga content' that explains the yoga philosophy but in simplified messages on how to live a better life. It is important that yoga t only has a focus on the physical aspects but taught in a holistic intention of a true mind body activity for a lifetime.The book will provide the reader with numerous insights as to why yoga for children can be a vital component to their lives. The emphasis of this text is specifically on how yoga can enrich children's health in a developmentally sound way. The breadth of the book covers yoga from early childhood through secondary school students. The book will also include detail to understand yoga as a holistic practice in a physical, mental and spiritual way and to teach safely and simply. The book will be organised in such a way that a teacher can prepare activities and plan activity specific to their needs.
- Author BiographyTummers has been teaching human movement including ballet, gymnastics, aerobics, dance, swimming, roller blading, walking, hiking, basketball, volleyball, field hockey, running, cycling and yoga for the last 30 years. Tummers has also taught yoga to a wide variety of populations such as older adults, after school programmes for obese adolescents and girls at risk, women in recovery, menopause, mentally challenged adults, cancer and cardiac patients, primary schools, businesses, retreats and athletes.
- Author(s)Nanette E. Tummers
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note9 illustrations, 114 photos
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.