Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on educational and psychological research and adhering closely to QTS standards, trainee teachers will find this easy-to-read book an invaluable guide to child psychology and the psychology of teaching. This book presents a realistic and in-depth account of different kinds of learning; summarises reliable kwledge about how teaching can aid learning in schools; addresses issues of interest to all teachers - including the repertoire of teaching, the main phases of learning, the classroom environment, keeping order, and lesson planning - in a practical and accessible manner; and, also covers more complex topics such as intelligence, special educational needs, bullying, child abuse, gender, ethnicity, teacher expectations and assessment.It gives examples of practice across all four key stages and different school subjects. The book would form a suitable part of the government-led continuing professional development project: Excellence and Enjoyment - A Strategy for Primary Schools.
- Author BiographyRichard Fox recently retired as Senior Lecturer in Education at the University of Exeter, and co-edited Teaching and Learning: The Essential Readings (Blackwell, 2002) with Charles Desforges.
- Author(s)Richard Fox
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note30
- Weight718 g
- Width175 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.