Teaching and Learning in Diverse and Inclusive Classrooms: Key Issues for New Teachers by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $148.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $362.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can you develop effective teaching strategies so that all the children in your classroom are included in meaningful and enriching learning experiences? What can you do to help young people from diverse backgrounds achieve their full potential? Addressing the wide variety of issues of diversity and inclusion routinely encountered in today's classrooms, this comprehensive text provides both a theoretical background and practical strategies. Chapters from leading figures on inclusive education present and analyse the latest debates, research studies and current initiatives, including considerations for teaching and learning and concluding with key questions for reflection and additional resources. Moving beyond simple theory about diversity, to what this means for real teachers' practice, the contributions focus on issues relating to values and professional practice for teachers, emphasising inclusive approaches and the importance of understanding the perspectives of learners. Topics discussed include: * understanding inclusive education * ethnic and cultural diversity * challenging behaviour * bullying * gender identity and sexuality * gifted and talented learners * traveller children * special educational needs * collaborative working in schools * the perspective of parents. Designed to stimulate and strengthen teachers' professional understanding, the book also reflects on legislative duties, personal values and the importance of listening to the voice of individuals who experience disadvantage in educational settings. Teaching and Learning in Diverse and Inclusive Classrooms is a key resource for teachers, supporting their learning throughout their initial training and early professional development. It will also be of interest to more experienced teachers interested in diversity and inclusion, particularly those mentoring NQTs through their induction and Masters level studies.
- Author BiographyGill Richards is Director of Professional Development at the School of Education, Nottingham Trent University. She teaches on the MA in Inclusive Education at NTU and delivers the new National Award for SEN Co-ordination and CPD courses for teachers, in partnership with Nottinghamshire Local Authority. Felicity Armstrong is Professor of Education at The Institute of Education, University of London. She is course leader for the MA in Inclusive Education and leader of the Inclusive Education Special Interest Group.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date21/12/2015
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byFelicity Armstrong,Gill Richards
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.