All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutomy has become a keyword of language policy in education systems around the world, as the importance of independent learning and new techlogies has grown. Now in a fully revised and updated second edition, Teaching and Researching Automy provides an accessible and comprehensive critical account of the theory and practice of automy. Examining the history of the concept, it addresses important questions of how we can identify automy in language learning behaviours and how we can evaluate the wide variety of educational practices that have been designed to foster automy in learning. Topics new to this edition include: - Automy and new techlogies - Teacher automy - The sociocultural implications of automy With over three hundred new references and five new case studies of research on automy providing practical advice on research methods and topics in the field, Teaching and Researching Automy will be an essential introduction for teachers and students to a subject at the cutting edge of language teaching and research.
- Author BiographyPhil Benson is a Professor in the Department of English at the Hong Kong Institute of Education. He has published widely on autonomy and narrative research and is now pursuing interests in second language identities and popular culture and education.
- Author(s)Phil Benson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- Series TitleApplied Linguistics in Action
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.