All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA total CBT training solution, with practical strategies for improving educational outcomes. Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the first comprehensive package to provide empirically-validated CBT training and supervisory techniques. Applicable to a variety of behavioral health care disciplines, this multi-modal guide provides educators with the information and tools that can help improve educational outcomes. An examination of CBT developments over the past twenty years leads into a discussion of practical applications for improving CBT education, while addressing the techlogical advances that facilitate dissemination and the specific challenges posed to confidentiality and patient care. The digital component contains additional audio and video content, plus downloadable worksheets that reinforce and expand upon the strategies presented. Coverage includes advice geared specifically toward the most commonly-encountered problems, with video of training sessions that address issues like frustration with patients, disbelief in psychotherapy, dislike of the method, and lack of skills. Readers will gain insight into effective goal setting, and implement a structured approach to supervision. * Examine existing literature and research on training, supervision, and evaluation * Integrate theory with practical strategies to improve learning outcomes * Customize training approaches to specifically suit different professional groups * Fit the methods to the environment, including workshops, webinars, and podcasts Mental health professionals who favor an empirically-based approach to therapy will appreciate the effectiveness of an empirically-based approach to pedagogy. Backed by over two decades of CBT research and the insight of leading CBT experts, Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy provides trainers with the tools and information they need to improve therapist educational outcomes.
- Author BiographyDONNA M. SUDAK, M.D. is Professor, Senior Associate Training Director, and Director of Psychotherapy Training in the Department of Psychiatry at the Drexel University College of Medicine. R. TRENT CODD, III, Ed.S., is the President and founder of the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Center of WNC, P.A., located in Asheville, NC. JOHN W. LUDGATE, PD, is a licensed psychologist who works at the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Center of Western North Carolina. LESLIE SOKOL, PD, is a distinguished founding fellow, past president, and Credentialing Chair of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. MARCI G. FOX, PD, is a licensed psychologist and has been in private practice for almost twenty years. ROBERT P. REISER, PD, is a licensed psychologist and a Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. DEREK L. MILNE, PD, is a clinical psychologist and a Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
- Author(s)Derek L. Milne,Donna M. Sudak,John W. Ludgate,Leslie Sokol,Marci G. Fox,R. Trent Codd,Robert P. Reiser
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.