All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching is changing. It is longer simply about passing on kwledge to the next generation. Teachers in the twenty-first century, in all educational sectors, have to cope with an ever-changing cultural and techlogical environment. Teaching is w a design science. Like other design professionals - architects, engineers, programmers - teachers have to work out creative and evidence-based ways of improving what they do. Yet teaching is t treated as a design profession. Every day, teachers design and test new ways of teaching, using learning techlogy to help their students. Sadly, their discoveries often remain local. By representing and communicating their best ideas as structured pedagogical patterns, teachers could develop this vital professional kwledge collectively. Teacher professional development has t embedded in the teacher's everyday role the idea that they could discover something worth communicating to other teachers, or build on each others' ideas. Could the culture change? From this unique perspective on the nature of teaching, Diana Laurillard argues that a twenty-first century education system needs teachers who work collaboratively to design effective and invative teaching.
- Author BiographyDiana Laurillard is Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies at the London Knowledge Lab, Institute of Education, leading current research on developing a learning design support environment for teachers, and software for learners with low numeracy. She was previously Head of the e-Learning Strategy Unit at the Department for Education and Skills. She has also served as Pro-Vice-Chancellor for learning technologies and teaching at The Open University, and on the Visiting Committee on IT at Harvard University. She is currently on the Boards of the Observatory for Borderless HE, the UNESCO Institute for Information Technology in Education, the e-Learning Foundation, and the Council for FernUniversitat in Hagen.
- Author(s)Diana Laurillard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.