Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first national study of Canadian educators' perspectives and practices of multicultural and antiracism education. It explores teachers' perspectives on race and eth-cultural equity and offers solutions for some of the most pressing social justice and diversity issues facing eduators in contemporary Canadian schools and society. Solomon and Levine-Rasky suggest that the ineffectiveness of professional development initiatives to move educators from a posture of resistance to one of transformation points to the need for a more progressive teacher education pedagogy. Based on a proven Urban Diversity Teacher Education model, this book provides theoretically driven practices for simultaneous renewal of teacher education in the university, partnership schools, and the communities they serve. It links the sensitive issues of race, ethnicity and culture to the broader equity, social justice, and diversity themes in Canadian society and institutions. Teaching for Equity and Diversity will be useful to teachers, graduate students in education, teacher educators, and cultural workers who are committed to inclusive and democratic schooling.
- Author BiographyThe late R. Patrick Solomon was Associate Professor in the Faculty of Education, York University. He was also the first recipient of the Exemplary Multicultural Educator's Award, presented by the Canada Council for Multicultural/Intercultural Education. Cynthia Levine-Rasky is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology, Queen's University. Jordan Singer, a former elementary teacher and art therapist, is currently completing his PhD in Education.
- Author(s)Cynthia Levine-Rasky,R. Patrick Solomon,Solomon Bernard Levine
- PublisherCanadian Scholars Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1940
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCanadian Scholars Press
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.