All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching for Tomorrow concisely lays out the argument for preparing students for the 'real world'. It shows teachers how to engage students in thoughtful work, helping them to learn to collaborate, take responsibility for their own time and tasks, and become creative problem-solvers. Through role-playing scenarios, six changes that need to take place in terms of teaching, and a four-step process for student work, Ted McCain provides a challenge and a way for teachers to meet it successfully.
- Author BiographyTed McCain is coordinator of instructional technology for Maple Ridge Secondary School in Vancouver, BC. He also has taught computer networking, graphic design, and desktop publishing for Okanagan College, Kelowna, BC. He is the author of six books on the future, effective teaching, educational technology, and graphic design. In 1997, McCain received the Prime Minister's Award for Teaching Excellence for his work in developing a real-world technology curriculum that prepares students for employment in technology directly out of high school. For the past twenty years, McCain has done consulting work for businesses and school districts on effective teaching for the digital generation and the implementation of instructional technology. His clients have included Apple Computer, Microsoft, Aldus, and Toyota, as well as many school districts and educational associations in both the United States and Canada. He is passionate in his belief that schools must change so that they can effectively prepare students for the rest of their lives.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byTed McCain
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.