Teaching for Understanding: Linking Research with Practice by Martha Stone Wiske (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an invative approach to teaching that helps students acquire and use kwledge in ways that go beyond rote memorization of facts and figures-to develop a level of understanding that will serve them well throughout their lives. Based on a six-year collaborative research project of school teachers and researchers from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, the book describes what teaching for understanding looks like in the classroom, and examines how teachers have learned to use it. Part One: Foundations of Teaching for Understanding1. Why Do We Need a Pedagogy of Understanding? Vito Perrone2. What is Understanding? David Perkins Part Two: Teaching for Understanding in the Classroom3. What is Teaching for Understanding? Martha Stone Wiske4. How Do Teachers Learn to Teach for Understanding? Martha Stone Wiske, Karen Hammerness, Daniel Gray Wilson5. How Does Teaching for Understanding Look in Practice? Ron Ritchart, Martha Stone Wiske, Eric Buchovecky, Lois Hetland Part Three: Students' Understanding in the Classroom6. What Are the Qualities of Understanding? Veronica Boix Mansilla, Howard Gardner7. How Do Students Demonstrate Understanding? Lois Hetland, Karen Hammerness, Chris Unger, Daniel Gray Wilson8. What Do Students in Teaching for Understanding Classrooms Understand? Karen Hammerness, Rosario Jaramillo, Chris Unger, Daniel Gray Wilson9. What Do Students Think About Understanding? Chris Unger and Daniel Gray Wilson with Rosario Jaramillo and Roger Dempsey Part Four: Promoting Teaching for Understanding10. How Can We Prepare New Teachers? Vito Perrone11. How Can Teaching for Understanding Be Extended in Schools? Martha Stone Wiske, Lois Hetland, Eric Buchovecky Conclusion: Melding Progressive and Traditional Perspectives Howard Gardner Martha Stone Wiske is a lecturer and researcher at the Harvard Graduate School of Education where she co-directs the Educational Techo
- Author BiographyMARTHA STONE WISKE is a lecturer and researcher at the Harvard Graduate School of Education where she co--directs the Educational Techonology Center. She is the coeditor of Software Goes to School: Teaching for Understanding with New Technologies (1995).
- Author(s)Martha Stone Wiske
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.