All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis realistic, relevant and accessible book explores the teacher's role and what makes for effective learning and teaching in the further education sector through means of a fictional approach. It provides a series of linked case study chapters, each set in the same fictional institution and each involving characters, with a range of pertinent roles, who appear and re-appear as their overall story arcs develop. Chapter aims are clearly stated and each narrative is followed by an analysis of key points through challenging critical thinking activities. The clear contextualisation of the required Standards and skills is of particular value to pre-service student teachers and those beginning their careers. The fictional approach provides a picture of working life and professional practice inside a further education institution with the flexibility to explore every topic essential to the student teacher, from professionalism, differentiation and inclusion to behaviour management and student-teacher relationships.
- Author BiographySusan Wallace is Emeritus Professor of Education at Nottingham Trent University where, for many years, part of her role was to support learning on the initial training courses for teachers in the FE sector. She has researched and published extensively on education, training and management of behaviour, and is a popular keynote speaker at conferences. Her particular interests are in mentoring and the motivation and behaviour of students.
- Author(s)Susan Wallace
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleFurther Education
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Weight257 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.