All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis all-inclusive text on teaching in nursing is by one of the pre-eminent nurse educators in the United States: Dr. Marilyn Oermann. The only book to focus on the full academic role, it is designed to provide graduate-level nursing students with all of the competencies essential for effective teaching. This evidence-based text encompasses both theoretical and practical information and includes content on teaching and learning, assessment and evaluation, curriculum development, using techlogy , teaching in simulation, learning lab and online courses, models for clinical teaching, scholarship and evidence-based education, and other components of the educator role. Each chapter begins with goals and concludes with a content summary. Relevant research is cited to provide evidence for the concepts presented. Chapters include practical examples of the methods and strategies presented and how to tips for readers. The book features an on-line teaching guide that includes PowerPoint slides, Case Examples, a Sample Course Syllabus, and Online Course Materials including chapters summaries, learner activities, discussion questions, and selected assessment strategies.
- Author BiographyMarilyn H. Oermann, PhD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, is Professor of Nursing and Chair of Adult/Geriatric Health at the School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA. Previous to her appointment at UNC-CH, Dr. Oermann was Professor at Wayne State University, USA for 13 years. In addition to her renown as a highly respected educator, Dr. Oermann has authored 14 books including Evaluation and Testing in Nursing and Education, Third Edition, Springer Publishing, 2013, and the second edition of Writing for Publication. Dr. Oermann is author of numerous articles on clinical evaluation, teaching in nursing, and writing for publication as a nurse educator. She is also former Editor of the Annual Review of Nursing Education (SPC), and Editor of the Journal of Nursing Care Quality (LWW). Dr. Oermann lectures widely on teaching and evaluation in nursing.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMarilyn H. Oermann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.