Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a good book and one that I would wholeheartedly recommend to my students as being a core textbook, worth a purchase. It's interesting, up-to-date, well written and easy to navigate. What more could a student ask for? Jonathan Tummons, ESCalate Excellent book that covers most of the criteria required for the Dip in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector and the Cert in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Easy to read, clear explanations. This book would also make an excellent reference book for the newly qualified tutor. Cheryl Hine, Teacher Training Programme Leader, Leeds College of Techlogy, UK I feel this book will be a valuable addition to the reading list of any course related to initial teacher training or continuing professional development (CPD) within the lifelong learning sector. Both its content and its presentation make it an attractive course text book and the author's style actually makes it a text book that is readable and enjoyable. Christine Watson, Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning, Vol 10, No. 1. Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector is an essential introductory textbook for anyone who is working, or training to work, in the lifelong learning sector. The post-compulsory education and training sector is extremely diverse in terms of the range of students, teachers and settings. However, there are basic elements of good practice in teaching and learning which are essential and are explored in this book, including: A thorough understanding of the learners and their needs An understanding of, and willingness to develop, communication skills The necessity for reflective practice and continuing professional development The principles and practices of active learning and assessment for learning The importance of emotions in learningLinked to the new Lifelong Learning UK standards for teachers, trainers and tutors, this highly practical and accessible book explores the fundamental aspects of teaching and learning, drawing on the most recent theories and developments. Chapters cover topics such as Communication; Learning Theories; Planning and Preparing; Assessment for learning; and Questioning and Explaining. The book provides a coherent framework for study and learning, which encourages you to make connections between the various aspects and to develop a holistic view of teaching and learning. This is an essential textbook for anyone studying on a wide range of post- compulsory teacher training courses, including: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) Diploma (Professional and Graduate) in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Author BiographyPeter Scales is Senior Lecturer in Post-Compulsory Education and Training and Programme Leader at the University of Derby, UK, which is a leading member of EMCETT (East Midlands Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training).
- Author(s)Peter C. Scales
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight645 g
- Width172 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.