All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual contains a 12-week curriculum designed to incorporate a multi-sensory approach to developing the critical and basic aspects of Theory of Mind (ToM). The activities are designed to be used with children aged 5-9, who have been diagsed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or who have related social challenges. By building on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy principles, this book shows how teaching ToM to young children can help them to better understand the emotions and actions of people around them. This curriculum has been designed to enhance the development of ToM and subsequently enhance social understanding in children who demonstrate challenges with pre-requisite skills that lead to successful social relationships and situations. As well as practical advice and supplementary materials such as worksheets and cut-out-and-use flash cards, this book includes reinforcement activities to be carried out at home with parents and care givers. Written by Dr Kirstina Ordetx, an experienced Developmental Psychologist and CBT specialist, this book is essential reading for teachers and other professionals working with children with ASDs and related social difficulties, including SENCOs, behavioural therapists, speech and language therapists and occupational therapists, wanting to explore the benefits that ToM can bring to pre-adolescent children.
- Author BiographyKirstina Ordetx is a Developmental Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) specialist, with over twenty years' experience of providing developmental and therapeutic interventions to children with ASDs and related social and learning challenges. She is the founder of the Pinnacle Academy, a private school for exceptional students in Sarasota, Florida. She directs the school program, provides individual and group therapies, presents at state and national conferences and teaches on graduate programs in psychology and behavioral sciences. She lives in Bradenton, Florida.
- Author(s)Kirstina Ordetx
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note4
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.