All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching the Classics in the Inclusive Classroom offers teachers a practical resource for helping students in grades 6-12 connect to and appreciate classic literary works. The book is filled with high-interest and engaging exercises that work with a variety of learners (with a particular emphasis on students with special needs), utilizing pre-reading, during reading, and after reading activities. Many of these exercises help to strengthen reading comprehension while other activities are specifically designed to reinforce vocabulary skills, as these apply to selected classic texts. Using these exercises and techniques to teach the classics will help your students appreciate literature and become better critical thinkers, writers, and readers.
- Author BiographyKatherine S. McKnight, Ph.D., associate professor and chair of Teacher Education at Northeastern Illinois University, has been a literacy educator for over sixteen years. Her current research explores strategies for teaching literacy in inclusive classrooms and using drama in the classroom for teaching and learning. Her previous book, Teaching Writing in the Inclusive Classroom: Strategies and Skills for All Students, Grades 6 12 from Jossey-Bass, coauthored with Roger Passman, also explores the inclusive classroom. Her new book, The Second City Guide to Improvisation in the Classroom, coauthored with Mary Scruggs, is forthcoming from Jossey-Bass. Bradley P. Berlage, M.A.T., teaches high school English and math in the Chicago area. Formerly, he worked as a curriculum developer and technical writer in the corporate sector. Berlage's current research examines the pedagogical relationship among drama strategies, student engagement, and mathematics.
- Author(s)Bradley P. Berlage,Katherine S. McKnight
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/11/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.