All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching with Disney, the first comprehensive volume on Disney as cultural pedagogy and classroom praxis, explores what it means to teach, learn, and live in a world where many familiar discourses are dominated by The Walt Disney Company. The book analyzes the ways in which the powerful messages of Disney shape the way we teach and learn. Featuring scholars from a wide range of educational contexts, including educational foundations, art education, higher education, K-12 contexts, adult education, media literacy, critical pedagogy, and curriculum studies, this book is accessible and interesting to a global audience of educational researchers and practitioners as well as undergraduate and graduate students in educational foundations, curriculum and instruction, curriculum theory, critical media education, art education, sociology of education, and related fields. Discussion questions are provided for each chapter to help facilitate class discussions and assignments. This is an excellent assignment text for education classrooms.
- Author BiographyJulie C. Garlen is Associate Professor of Education in the Department of Teaching and Learning at Georgia Southern University. Jennifer A. Sandlin is Associate Professor in the Justice and Social Inquiry program in the School of Social Transformation at Arizona State University. They are also the editors of Disney, Culture, and Curriculum (2016).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/05/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number477
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJennifer A. Sandlin,Julie C. Garlen
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.