All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers commonly talk about loving their students, yet effort has been made to explore the powerful educational potential inherent in these loving feelings. Teaching with Love breaks new ground by paying careful, scholarly attention to the nature, the scope, the dimensions, and the variety of teacherly love. In a highly readable narrative that builds on the feminist tion of an ethic of care and draws from the fields of psychology and women's studies, this book examines and analyzes the experiences of two primary grade teachers as they set about trying to create and enact a vision of early childhood education centered around loving relationships.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Lisa S. Goldstein is an assistant professor of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Austin, where she teaches in the Early Childhood Education and the Curriculum Studies programs. She received her Ph.D. in Education from Stanford University, and is a former primary grade teacher.
- Author(s)Lisa S. Goldstein
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleRethinking Childhood
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.