Teaching with the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, Grades 3-5 by Timothy Shanahan, Karen K. Wixson, Lesley M. Morrow (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly every state has independently adopted the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), making this practical guide an indispensable resource for grades 3-5 teachers and teachers-in-training. Leading authorities explain each of the English language arts (ELA) standards and vividly show how to implement them. The book is filled with grade-specific classroom vignettes, instructional strategies and activities, sample lesson plans, and discussion questions. Chapters cover the major ELA strands: reading (literature, informational texts, and foundational skills); writing; speaking and listening; and language. Issues of assessment and techlogy integration are also explored. An appendix includes thematic units for each grade level demonstrating ways to embed CCSS/ELA standards into content-area instruction. See also Teaching with the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, PreK-2.
- Author BiographyLesley Mandel Morrow, PhD, holds the rank of Professor II at the Graduate School of Education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Her research deals with early literacy development and the organization and management of language arts programs. Dr. Morrow has published more than 300 journal articles, chapters, and books. Her work has been recognized with awards including the Outstanding Teacher Educator of Reading Award and the William S. Gray Citation of Merit from the International Reading Association (IRA), and the Oscar S. Causey Award from the Literacy Research Association. Dr. Morrow is past president of the IRA and is a member of the Reading Hall of Fame. Karen K. Wixson, PhD, is Dean of the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She has published widely in the areas of literacy curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Dr. Wixson co-directed the federally funded Michigan English Language Arts Framework standards project, and served as Co-Director and Principal Investigator of the U.S. Department of Educationa (TM)s Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement. She also served as a member of the extended work team for the Common Core English Language Arts standards. Dr. Wixson is a former board member of the National Reading Conference and the IRA. Timothy Shanahan, PhD, is Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Illinois at Chicago, where he directed the Center for Literacy. He served on one of the expert panels that helped develop the Common Core State Standards. Dr. Shanahana (TM)s research emphasizes readinga writing relationships, reading assessment, and improving reading achievement. In 2006, he was appointed to serve on the Advisory Board of the National Institute for Literacy. Dr. Shanahan is past president of the International Literacy Association and is a member of the Reading Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Karen K. Wixson,Lesley M. Morrow,Timothy Shanahan
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight488 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.