Teaching with the Tools Kids Really Use: Learning With Web and Mobile Technologies by Dr. Susan Brooks-Young (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting for educators who want to use 21st-century techlogies to help deliver relevant classroom instruction, Susan Brooks-Young examines inexpensive hardware already used by many students, explores free Web 2.0 tools such as social networking and virtual worlds, and sheds light on both common objections and changing points of view about using mobile techlogies for instructional support. Emphasizing digital citizenship-the ethical use of techlogy-this invaluable resource identifies: specific Web 2.0 tools for supporting collaboration and communication in primary and secondary settings; strategies for practical applications; a decision-making model for selecting appropriate mobile techlogies and Web 2.0 tools for classroom use; and, recommended books, Web sites, and online reports and articles for reference. Teaching With the Tools Kids Really Use gives educators a solid approach for capitalizing on readily available techlogies and opens up rich teaching and learning opportunities for today's classrooms.
- Author BiographySusan Brooks-Young has been involved in the field of instructional technology since 1979. She was one of the original technology users in the district where she taught and has continued to explore ways in which technology can be used to facilitate student learning. She has worked as computer mentor, technology trainer, and technology curriculum specialist. Prior to establishing her own consulting firm, Susan was a teacher, site administrator, and technology specialist in a county office of education in a career that spanned more than 23 years. Since 1986, she has published articles and software reviews in a variety of education journals. She is also author of a number of books which focus on effective use of technology in schools. Susan works with educators internationally, focusing on practical technology-based strategies for personal productivity and effective technology implementation in classrooms. Two current areas of particular interest for Susan are mobile technology and BYOT programs.
- Author(s)Dr. Susan Brooks-Young
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight322 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.