All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionWesley Dark and Mama Jewel had both serviced time in prison. Wesley had spent time in the U. S. Navy but that did t count as prison time. They met when each of them were trying to rob the same bank. They were living in a converted school bus that they painted with flowers and other peace-t-love things. They were leaving to go to Woodstock in New York for the big concert. While waiting for Mama to pick him up Wesley had gotten into a fight in a local bar in Sebastian, Florida. Because of his Battle Fatigue, he had gotten while serving with the U.S. Navy's Underwater Demolition Team he went completely berserk. Instead of locking him in jail, they carried him to the hospital. An Indian River Sheriff's Deputy stood watch at his door. Mama and two friends rescued him. They rushed to the Sebastian cemetery where he had worked and buried his seabag full of weapons. They existed through a back road while the police where coming through the front gate. While leaving the cemetery, they escaped off earth to a perfect world. They learned they were there to corrupt that world. This is a story of four hippies teaching the inhabitants about, smoking pot, drinking alcohol, making war and all the other things that earth people did.
- Author BiographyRobert was born and raised in Indian River County Florida. He is a military retiree and proud to have served. During Korea Conflict he spent time in Korea aboard the U.S.S. Calvert (APA-32) and during the Vietnam Conflict he did two tours of duty in Vietnam with the Navy Seabees, U.S. Naval Construction Battalion Forty (MCB-40). Other duty stations were the U.S.S. Casa Grande (LSD-13), U.S.S. Willard Keith (DD-775), U.S.S. Tidewater (AD-32), U. S. Naval Training Center, Orlando, Florida, U.S Naval Air Station, Sanford, Florida and U.S. Naval Station, Key West, Florida. These stations are not in the order in which he served. After retiring from the military he was a truck driver, a nuclear plant security officer in Saint Lucie County for fifteen years and did odd jobs while touring the United States. He now lives in Bristol Connecticut. While in the U.S. Navy he was lucky enough to have visited Japan, Okinawa, Spain, Greece, Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Mexico, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Italy, Ethiopia, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, France, Red Sea, Nassau and many other places. He has fond memories from each and every country and place. He has published four novels, Riding the Florida Time Line, Riders of the Spew, The Assignment and Stragglers of the Spew.
- Author(s)Robert Lee Thompson
- Date of Publication27/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.