All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn this handbook, world champion ropers and professional instructors offer advice and valuable tips on coaching students, from groundwork to preparing for and entering competition. Starting with a thorough introduction to the basics--including rope selection, horses, and rider proficiency--this handbook is the official resource to roping from the United States Team Roping Championships, the governing organization of the sport. With complete information about the rules and regulations of the sport, it illustrates how team roping evolved into a sport when a couple of cowboys turned a common ranching procedure--that grew from the securing a steer for branding or medical issues--into a competition. Covering all the essentials, from rope handling both on and off the horse and the ins and outs of a competition to official rules and evaluating personal runs, this indispensible guidebook is a must-have for anyone interested or involved in team roping.
- Author BiographyKayla Starnes is a writer and photographer who has served as an equine marketing specialist and created a community service initiative to educate inner-city children through contact with horses. She lives in Stephensville, Texas.KAYLA STARNES, of Morgan Mill, Texas, has spent the last six years documenting and promoting the equine industry in various capacities, including as a public relations and marketing specialist and media relations liaison for the second-largest breed association in the World; as a freelance writer and photographer for magazines and trade publications; and as a project coordinator and writer for a leading performance products manufacturing conglomerate. Starnes' writing and photography has been in print across five continents.
- Author(s)Kayla Starnes
- PublisherTrafalgar Square
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafalgar Square
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.