All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeamwork is a complex but essential component of palliative care. The needs of people diagsed with life threatening disease will vary greatly over time, and it is rarely possible for just one professional to be able to provide adequate care. In order to ensure an holistic approach, the whole multi-disciplinary team must be involved. Inevitable questions arise from such an approach, and this book seeks to address these. How does a team come into being? What different formats are there? How might the patient contribute to the effectiveness of their care and the way in which the team operates? What are the difficulties and frustrations encountered in developing and maintaining such teams? What models of working and styles of leadership have developed? How are power and authority handled within the team setting? The importance of team building, training, support, attention to group process, and stress management to protect the mental health of the team are explored. The ethical issues inherent in palliative care such as consent, automy, confidentiality, decision making within teams, and the legal implications of such are also discussed. The book concludes with one important question - do we kw if teams are the most effective way of providing care? This book addresses key issues surrounding the role of the team in palliative care, and is an essential guide to reappraising the importance of collaborative teamwork, and enhancing understanding of existing team structures.
- Author BiographyReverend Prebendary Peter Speck has been a member of a Research Ethics Committee and co-chair of Clinical Ethics Group. He was previously on the editorial board of 'Palliative Medicine' and 'Guidance on Supportive Care in Palliative Care within the UK' (NICE).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note7 line illustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPeter Speck
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.