All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSixty-three years. Sixty-three years and Technical Analysis of Stock Trends still towers over the discipline of technical analysis like a mighty redwood. Originally published in 1948 and w in its Tenth Edition, this book remains the original and most important work on this topic. The book contains more than dry chart patterns, it passes down accumulated experience and wisdom from Dow to Schabacker, to Edwards, and to Magee, and has been modernized by W.H.C. Bassetti. Bassetti, a client, friend, and student of John Magee, one of the original authors, has converted the material on the craft of manual charting with TEKNIPLAT chart paper to modern computer software methods. In actuality, ne of Magee's concepts have proven invalid and some of his work predated modern concepts such as beta and volatility. In addition, Magee described a trend-following procedure that is so simple and so elegant that Bassetti has adapted it to enable the general investor to use it to replace the cranky Dow Theory. This procedure, called the Basing Points procedure, is extensively described in the new Tenth Edition along with new material on powerful moving average systems and Leverage Space Portfolio Model generously contributed by the formidable analyst, Ralph Vince., author of Handbook of Portfolio Mathematics. See what's new in the Tenth Edition: Chapters on replacing Dow Theory Update of Dow Theory Record Deletion of extraneous material on manual charting New chapters on Stops and Basing Points New material on moving average systems New material on Ralph Vince's Leverage Space Portfolio Model So much has changed since the first edition, yet so much has remained the same. Everyone wants to kw how to play the game. The foundational work of the discipline of technical analysis, this book gives you more than a technical formula for trading and investing, it gives you the kwledge and wisdom to craft long-term success.
- Author BiographyW.H.C. Bassetti is an Adjunct Professor of Finance and Economics at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, California. Robert D. Edwards is a consultant in San Rafael, California. John Magee is a Consultant in Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)John Magee,Robert D. Edwards,W. H. C. Bassetti,W.H.C. Bassetti
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note349 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight1247 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.