All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTechnical Management for the Performing Arts: Utilizing Time, Talent, and Money is a comprehensive guide to the tools and strategies of a successful technical manager. This book demonstrates how you can coordinate personnel, raw materials, and venues, all while keeping a production on a tight schedule and within budget. From concept to realization, through nightly performances, Technical Management for the Performing Arts focuses on the technical and organization skills a technical manager must demonstrate, and emphasizes the need for creativity and interpersonal management of a team.
- Author BiographyMark Shanda is a professor at The Ohio State University and former resident technical director and Department of Theatre chair. He recently completed a five-year term as the dean of arts and humanities at Ohio State. He is now serving as president of USITT, where he is also Fellow of the Institute. He has authored numerous articles about theatre technology. A professor emeritus and a former director of theatre at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dennis Dorn functioned in the Department of Theatre and Drama as technical director and/or designer for more than 180 productions. He is an active member and Fellow of USITT, and has been an active contributor to Theatre Design & Technology magazine.
- Author(s)Dennis Dorn,Mark Shanda
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note33 black & white tables, 31 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.