Technical Writing for Teams: The STREAM Tools Handbook by Alexander Mamishev, Sean Williams (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionA unique, integrative, team-centered approach to writing and formatting technical documents
Technical Professionals: *
Do you have difficulty producing high-quality documents with multiple contributors when faced with a tight deadline? *
Do you need a process that enables global team members to collaborate online as they produce sophisticated documents? *
Do you prefer the ease of a WYSIWG desktop publishing tool like Microsoft Word rather than more complex software like LaTeX? *
Professors and Graduate Students: *
Do you want to streamline the process of writing multi-investigator papers, reports, proposals, and books? *
Do you spend a lot of time formatting documents instead of thinking and writing? *
Do you write research papers in Microsoft Word and then need to convert them to LaTeX for your thesis? *
Do you write research papers in LaTeX and then need to convert them to Microsoft Word when embarking on collaborations with your colleagues from industry?
Undergraduate Students: *
Do you need to write a research paper and don't kw where to start? *
Do you need to collaborate with classmates on a long paper and find yourself lost in organizational details rather than immersed in the content?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Technical Writing for Teams: The STREAM Tools Handbook is for you. It provides an easy-to-learn system that streamlines individual and collaborative writing, allowing you and your teams to instantly become more productive and create the highest quality documents in a minimum amount of time. Introduced here are the STREAM Tools Scientific and Technical wRiting, Editing, And file Management Tools which unlock your collaborators' potential and addresses team dynamics, separation of duties, and workflow. You'll see how to ensure compatibility among multiple writers, achieve consistent formatting, organize content, integrate bibliographic databases, automate the process of document preparation, and move content between Microsoft Word and LaTeX. Checklists, guidelines, and success stories are also included to help you operate as efficiently as possible.
From planning and editing documents to solving common team writing problems to managing workflow, Technical Writing for Teams: The STREAM Tools Handbook is the one-stop reference that allows teams to collaborate successfully and create unified, effective documents.
- Author BiographyALEXANDER V. MAMISHEV is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Washington, as well as the Director of the Sensors, Energy, and Automation Laboratory and the Director of Industrial Assessment Center.
SEAN D. WILLIAMS is Associate Dean of the Graduate School and Associate Professor of Professional Communication at Clemson University. He is the cofounder of the Carolinas Virtual Worlds Consortium, and conducts research on collaborative writing, virtual teams, and technical communication.
- Author(s)Alexander Mamishev,Sean Williams
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm