All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFrom July 31 to August 13 a NATO Advanced Study Institute on Photosynthesis was held at the Anargyrios and Korgialenios School on the Island of Spetsai. Greece. The Institute focused on techniques and recent advances in photosynthesis research and brought together teachers and students with a wide range of interest and experience. It was a very stimulating occasion which allowed cross-fertilization to occur between biophysicists. biochemists, molecular biologists and physiologists. Lectures and discussions ran~ed from the description of the molecular structure of the photosynthetIc bacterial reaction centre and of tobacco Rubisco through to the regulation of carbon metabolism and the application of genetic engeering. This book is comprised of the contents of the major lectures and a selection of relevant posters displayed at the Institute. Taken together the book is an excellent representation of the most up to date thoughts and activities in photosynthesis research across a wide, but interlocking. spectrum of topics. The papers presented here are a written record of the high quality of both the lecturers and students alike and emphasises the value of the NATO ASI series as a reference source. The successful organisation of the Institute and the production of this book would t have been possible without the support of our colleagues. We therefore wish to thank Pam Cook, Lyn Barber. Niki Gounaris, Alison Telfer. Sotiria Nikolaidon, David Chapman, Steven Mayes and Wei Qiu Wang for all their help during the course of the Institute.
- Author(s)J. Barber,R. Malkin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number168
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note168 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1178 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.