All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThese tes originate from a one semester course which forms part of the Math Methods cycle at Brown. In the hope that these tes might prove useful for reference purposes several additional sections have been included and also a table of contents and index. Although asymptotic analysis is w enjoying a period of great vitality, these tes do t reflect a research oriented course. The course is aimed toward people in applied mathematics, physics, engineering, etc., who have a need for asymptotic analysis in their work. The choice of subjects has been largely dictated by the likelihood of application. Also abstraction and generality have t been pursued. Technique and computation are given equal prominence with theory. Both rigorous and formal theory is presented --very often in tandem. In practice, the means for a rigorous analysis are t always available. For this reason a goal has been the cultivation of mature formal reasoning. Therefore, during the course of lectures formal presentations gradually eclipse rigorous presentations. When this occurs, rigorous proofs are given as exercises or in the case of lengthy proofs, reference is made to the Reading List at the end.
- Author(s)Lawrence Sirovich
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/03/1971
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight571 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1971
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.