All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheodor Fontane repeatedly cited the beginning as key to a vel's construction and development, as exemplified in a letter to his publisher in 1880: Beim richtigen Aufbau muss in der ersten Seite der Keim des Ganzen stecken. Through close reading and analysis of the beginnings of five Fontane Gesellschaftsromane, this work focuses on Fontane's varied techniques of compression and prefiguration and traces their developing refinement throughout his career as velist and social critic.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Carol Hawkes Velardi received B.A. and M.A. degrees from Brigham Young University in Humanities and Comparative Literature in 1979 and 1981. Following a Fulbright grant for study in Tuebingen, she completed a double Ph.D. in German Studies and Humanities at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California in 1991. She currently resides in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Author(s)Carol Hawkes Velardi
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/11/1992
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGermanic Studies in America
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 65
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published1992
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight390 g
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.