All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authoritative guide to healthy cooking in the modern professional kitchen In today's health-conscious culinary environment, diners expect much more than just delicious food. They expect nutritious, well-balanced meals made with wholesome ingredients. Chefs in every sector of the food industry, whether at fine dining establishments or cafeteria kitchens, should be prepared to address those concerns with a variety of healthier dining options. This updated new edition of Techniques of Healthy Cooking includes the latest dietary guidelines and healthy cooking techniques. It also covers a wide range of health- and environment-related topics of concern to today's diners, such as organic ingredients, local sourcing, farm-to-fork initiatives, and much more. All recipes here have been revised to include more whole ingredients, sustainable foods, and a wide range of substitution options. * This new edition features nearly 500 recipes for virtually any meal or occasion, including 150 all-new recipes for this edition * More than 150 full-color photographs of ingredients, techniques, and plated dishes are included in this new edition * The Culinary Institute of America explores the latest on topics such as locally sourced food, farm-to-fork initiatives, and food safety * Learn how to create dishes for vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and lactose-free diners With the latest information and a huge variety of recipes, Techniques of Healthy Cooking is the perfect source for exciting, flavorful, and healthful food.
- Author BiographyFounded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America is an independent, not for profit college offering bachelor's and associate degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry arts, as well as certificate programs in Latin cuisines and wine and beverage studies. A network of more than 44,000 alumni has helped the CIA earn its reputation as the world's premier culinary college. The CIA, which also offers courses for professionals and food enthusiasts, as well as consulting services for the foodservice and hospitality industry, has campuses in Hyde Park, NY; St. Helena, CA; San Antonio, TX; and Singapore.
- Author(s)The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2026 g
- Width219 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition StatementProfessional ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.