All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $38.45Free postage
- AU $40.28Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionA Co-Publication of Routledge and NAEYC Techlogy and Digital Media in the Early Years offers early childhood teacher educators, professional development providers, and early childhood educators in pre-service, in-service, and continuing education settings a thought-provoking guide to effective, appropriate, and intentional use of techlogy with young children. This book provides strategies, theoretical frameworks, links to research evidence, descriptions of best practice, and resources to develop essential digital literacy kwledge, skills and experiences for early childhood educators in the digital age. Techlogy and Digital Media in the Early Years puts educators right at the intersections of child development, early learning, developmentally appropriate practice, early childhood teaching practices, children's media research, teacher education, and professional development practices. The book is based on current research, promising programs and practices, and a set of best practices for teaching with techlogy in early childhood education that are based on the NAEYC/FRC Position Statement on Techlogy and Interactive Media and the Fred Rogers Center Framework for Quality in Children's Digital Media. Pedagogical principles, classroom practices, and teaching strategies are presented in a practical, straightforward way informed by child development theory, developmentally appropriate practice, and research on effective, appropriate, and intentional use of techlogy in early childhood settings. A companion website (http://teccenter.erikson.edu/tech-in-the-early-years/) provides additional resources and links to further illustrate principles and best practices for teaching and learning in the digital age.
- Author BiographyChip Donohue, Ph.D., is Dean of Distance Learning and Continuing Education, and Director, TEC Center, Erikson Institute, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChip Donohue
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.