All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors have assembled a collection of original essays offering a holistic view of how techlogy shapes the modern world. Consideration is given to several major issues, such as the dehumanizing effects of techlogy, which tends to objectify social life; the emphasis on productivity and the accumulation of material goods; and the intricacies involved in creating a responsible techlogy that would establish more socially sensitive principles, values, and beliefs. Techlogy is examined t simply as machinery, but as a procedure that can be used to define every aspect of social existence, and the book demonstrates how to bring about the changes that are necessary to remedy this alienating situation.
- Author Biographyrphy /f John /r ed. deck /f John /r ed.
- Author(s)John W. Murphy
- Date of Publication23/09/1986
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn T. Pardeck
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.