All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSmall Sub Saharan African countries are facing difficult times trying to accelerate their ecomic growth while at the same time attempting to liberalize their ecomies. For many, independence has brought political freedom without concomitant ecomic and social improvement for their indigeus populations. Zimbabwe fits this description and while it has made significant strides in educating its populations and distributing some agricultural land, it still lags in modernizing its manufacturing industries which survived for many years with little or capital investment and restricted access to imports. This study, based on a detailed analysis of the results of a survey of manufacturing firms in selected industries, shows the origin of the techlogies they have mastered, the use made of external and domestic sources of techlogy, the skills being applied, their training and other needs, as well as the policies that could favourably affect future industrial development in Zimbabwe.
- Author BiographySIMON TEITEL is an international economic consultant having worked for the World Bank, United Nations and other organizations. He was previously Senior Research Advisor at the Inter-American Development Bank. He is the author of nine other books, including Resources, Industrialization and Exports in Latin America, Technology and Enterprise Development: Ghana Under Structural Adjustment, Industrial and Technological Development, Towards a New Development Strategy for Latin America and Trade, Stability, Technology and Equity in Latin America and some fifty articles on economic development, international trade and science and technology.
- Author(s)Simon Teitel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/10/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.