Technology and Talent: Best Practices in Technology Solutions for Recruitment, Retention and Workforce Planning by Allan Schweyer (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalent Management Systems addresses the transformation Web--based techlogies have brought to workforce acquisition and management. It examines proven and leading--edge best practices, and what tactics and strategies organizations should employ to remain competitive in this arena. The book is part practical, offering advice on how to institute best practices in e--recruitment and talent management, and strategic, discussing trends and state of the art techlogy and practices that should be adopted or avoided. Wea re at the brink of the next global battle in the war for talent, and companies with a firm grasp on todaya s techlogies, and the best view over the horizon, are positioned to win. No one understands the intersection of talent and techlogy better than Allan Schweyer and, as this book demonstrates, one tells us the story as clearly as he. This is an essential read and an important work in the w--critical discipline of human capital management. --Michael Foster, CEO, AIRS, and Author of Recruiting on the Web Allan Schweyer has been on the leading edge of recruitment techlogy since the dawn of the Internet. In many ways the Internet has created more confusion than solutions for the world of recruiting and talent management. It has certainly made things more complex. HR professionals and even company presidents have become desperate for clarity on the future of talent management--Allan Schweyera s book provides that clarity and establishes him as the authority on web--based hiring and talent management. No major implementation decision should be made without this invaluable guide. --Graham Donald, President, Brainstorm Consulting Talent management has suddenly gone from being a nice idea to a core business function. No one kws more about this new function, and the techlogies that make it possible, than Allan Schweyer. --David Creelman, Senior Contributing Editor, HR.com, and Independent Human Capital Analyst Once again, Schweyer has produced the best writing in North America on this subject, which Ia ve covered for fifteen years. --Bill Kutik, Techlogy Columnist, Human Resource Executive As corporate executives quickly come to the shocking realization that the global workforce--and how that talent is managed and developed both locally and globally--will almost unilaterally determine their future success in global markets, few workforce experts have bothered to provide business leaders with a useful compass and map for the next chapter of workforce management. Mr. Schweyer generously and eloquently provides the talent compass and workforce map for the first pragmatic steps of the new global journey. --John Chaisson, CEO, Global Workforce Solutions
- Author BiographyAllan Schweyer is currently Executive Director of the Human Capital Institute in Washington, D.C. He is a regular contributor to HR.com, the world's leading portal for human resources information, where he provides research and analysis on the staffing and e--recruitment industries. Allan also consults with large organizations on HR strategies, specializing in e--HR projects. Allan has been involved in HR technologies since 1994 when he pioneered e--recruitment solutions for Human Resources Development Canada. He subsequently directed the award--winning National Graduate Register, Campus WorkLink, and SkillNet.ca projects, which introduced the concept of applicant tracking and advanced screening to job boards and career networks to job seekers. In 1999, Allan co--founded the On--line Recruiters' Association of Canada. In 2000 and 2001, he worked with Reed Business Information in Boston to build information portals for technical professionals, while attending graduate school at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Allan Schweyer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2004
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width166 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.