All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a philosophical examination of techlogy's growing influence. This pioneering collection explores the relationship between techlogy and free will. Rejecting the tion of techlogy as a neutral addition to our lives, the contributors examine the type and degree of our society's techlogical dependence. Techlogy is revealed as something from which we have, and will continue to have, difficulty separating ourselves, both as individuals and as a society. Without articulating a purely deterministic perspective, this collection illuminates the powerful influence techlogy has on our world and our perception of it.
- Author BiographyRichard Feist is dean of the Faculty of Philosophy at Saint Paul University, Ottawa. Chantal Beauvais is professor of philosophy at Saint Paul University. Rajesh Shukla is assistant professor of philosophy at Saint Paul University.
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication13/02/2010
- Series TitlePhilosophica
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight391 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChantal Beauvais,Rajesh Shukla,Richard Feist
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.