All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905 to World Wars I and II and up to the present day, the field of electronic warfare has developed at a truly astonishing speed. The early use of radio to organize and coordinate basic naval actions over 100 years ago has evolved into today� s staggeringly complex Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence (C3I) networks that enable field commanders to coordinate massive, multi-faceted military engagements from a single point of command. Abdul Karim Baram charts the development of this field from the successes of Winston Churchill� s 'Wizard War' to the crushing defeat of Saddam Hussein� s forces in the 1990-91 Gulf War. He examines electronic warfare� s influence on the outcomes of modern conflicts, and provides insight on the future of one of the most vitally important aspects of warfare over the last century.
- Author BiographyAbdul Karim Baram was born and raised in northeastern Syria, in the ancient city of Aleppo. He received the early part of his education in Syria, and his undergraduate (BS in Electrical Engineering), graduate (MA in Military Studies specialized in Air Warfare and Electronic Warfare) and higher education (Ph.D in Applied Technology: Electronic Defense Systems) from the United States. He has worked on a variety of engineering, consultant, management and teaching & training assignments in electronic defense systems and other different electronic industries in the United States and the Middle East. Dr. Baram has published papers on the technical and operational aspects of electronic warfare as well as its history and origins. His interests include military history, aviation, history and development of science and technology, social science, education and travel.
- Author(s)Abdul Karim Baram
- PublisherEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Content Note6 figures and 4 tables
- Weight1701 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Foreword byJamal S. Al-Suwaidi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.