All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it was in a department store, fast-food chain, or kiosk in the mall, everyone remembers his or her first job -- even more so, you probably remember that first pay check. But with the current job crisis, it has become harder and harder to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Now more than ever, it has become necessary to think outside the box to reel in the dough. Making money is about making smart decisions. This guide will put you on the right track to start earning your spending money, even if you cant land a traditional first job. You will learn how to start exploring other options, such as pet sitting, babysitting, and tutoring. You will also grasp just how to leverage the Internet to help you make money by taking paid surveys, blogging, or even teaching your parents and their friends how to use social networks. Most importantly, you will discover how to take your hobbies and turn them into your personalised income generator. This book t only covers how to make that money, but it also teaches you how to save it and how to make it grow, presented specifically with teenagers in mind. You will learn which credit cards are the best when you are first starting out. You will learn how to set (and stick to) a budget to help save for something you really want, whether it is for a car or your college education. This book contains inspiring stories from young adults just like you who have found self-employment a boon in a tough ecomy and are flourishing despite the tough times. If you have been hitting the pavement but are coming up short in the job department, all is t lost. The guide in your back pocket, you can start making money on your own without having to depend on your parents' finances.
- Author BiographyJulie Fryer lives with her husband, two sons, and vizsla dog in southeastern Minnesota. Julie is a freelance writer who writes nonfiction articles and books focusing on self-help, organic and green living, and everyday living. She is the author of The Complete Guide to Your New Root Cellar and The Complete Guide to Water Storage, and a contributing writer to various magazines and online websites including myorganicgardeningblog.com. When she is not writing, Julie and her family love to fish in area trout streams, enjoy summer camping and boat trips, and tend a large vegetable and flower garden.
- Author(s)Julie Fryer
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Vocational
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, figures
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.