Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection offers a cutting examination of contemporary society, from the personal to the global. The 'fuzzy' simplicity of childhood at the book's outset is deftly shadowed by details of cigarette butts in the girl's room, the scent of burning leaves and teeth marks on Barbie dolls (From the dog, Terry assures her, when he was a puppy). From there on in, Queyras embarks on a dynamic exploration of form in poems sharply aware of shifting boundaries, groundlessness, the seedy pastoral of childhood and the difficulty of maintaining community and family in our increasingly fragmented lives. 'Teethmarks' merges lives constructed by B-movies and the daily news, transposing their black-and-white 'realities' with palettes of vital colour.
- Author BiographySina Queyras is an accomplished poet and essayist. She edited the first anthology of Canadian poetry published by an American press (Open Field: 30 Contemporary Canadian Poets). Between 2005 and 2007 she co-curated the path-breaking feminist Belladonna* reading series in New York and was instrumental in bringing Canadian and American poets into conversation. She has published six books of poetry and a novel, Autobiography of Childhood (2011). She received the Pat Lowther Award and a Lambda Literary Award for Lemon Hound (2006). Her most recent book of poetry is MxT (2014).
- Author(s)Sina Queyras
- PublisherNightwood Editions
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightwood Editions
- Weight116 g
- Width190 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.