Telecommunications Management: Industry Structures and Planning Strategies by Richard A. Gershon (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith today's communications industry experiencing major changes on an almost daily basis, media managers must have a clear understanding of the different delivery platforms, as well as a grasp of critical management, planning, and ecomic factors in order to stay current and move their organizations forward. Telecommunications Management helps current and future media professionals understand the relationship and convergence patterns between the broadcast, cable television, telephony, and Internet communication industries. Author Richard A. Gershon examines telecommunications industry structures and the management practices and business strategies affecting the delivery of information and entertainment services to consumers. He brings in specialists to present the finer points of management and planning responsibilities. Case studies from the International Radio and Television Society (IRTS) competition supplement the main text and offer an invaluable perspective on management issues. Developed for students in telecommunications management, electronic media management, and telecommunication ecomics, this volume also serves as a practical reference for the professional manager.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Gershon (Ph.D., Ohio University) is Professor of Telecommunications in the School of Communication at Western Michigan University. Dr. Gershon is co-founder of the Telecommunications Management program at the university, where he teaches courses in telecommunications management, law and policy and communication technology. He is the author of Telecommunications Management: Industry Structures and Planning Strategies (2001) and The Transnational Media Corporation: Global Messages and Free Market Competition, winner of the 1998 book of the year by the U.S. National Cable Television Museum. Dr. Gershon has twice been selected for teaching honors, including the Steven H. Coltrin Professor of the Year Award (2000) by the International Radio & Television Society (IRTS) and the Barry Sherman Award for Teaching Excellence (2001) by the Management and Economics division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC).
- Author(s)Richard A. Gershon
- PublisherLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2001
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleLEA Telecommunications Series
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.