Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by leading teledermatologists and telemedicine experts, this hands-on guide addresses the practical needs of the many emerging teledermatology services worldwide. It covers the medical and technical prerequisites for such services as well as the photographic imaging essentials. It also illustrates the performance of teledermatology by means of clinical examples, discusses teledermatology in underdeveloped countries, and presents specialized methods of teledermatology. The impact of telemedicine on the doctor-patient relationship is explored, and the advantages that accrue from improving access to expert kwledge are explained. In addition, quality assurance, legal assumptions, ecomic aspects, and the future horizons of such health care services are all considered. A comprehensive appendix provides information on training opportunities, sample protocols, consent forms, information sheets, references, and relevant web links.
- Author BiographyH. Peter Soyer, chair of the Dermatology Group at the University of Queensland in Brisbane/Australia, is one of the pioneers of teledermatology and co-founder and current president of the International Society of Teledermatology. Michael Binder, Professor of Dermatology at the Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna/Austria, is a dermatologist with special expertise in health technology assessment and quality assurance issues. Anthony C. Smith has a PhD in Telehealth and is currently Deputy Director at the Centre of Online Health of the University of Queensland in Brisbane/Australia.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note27 colour tables, biography
- Weight680 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnthony C. Smith,Elisabeth M. T. Wurm,H. Peter Soyer,Michael B. Binder
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.