All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining institutional textual and audience analysis, this book introduces students to the factors which have shaped television's development in contemporary Europe, and invites them to assess the issues that are at stake in its future. Divided into three parts, the book moves from the European broadcasting environment, through current patterns and trends in programming and programme making, to TV genres and issue-specific broadcasting. Incorporating a range of pedagogical devices: boxes of key facts, activities and tes for further reading, Television across Europe offers an essential introductory guide to television in Western Europe.
- Author BiographyPeter Dahlgren is Principal Lecturer in the Department of Journalism, Media and Communications at the University of Stockholm. He is the author or editor of numerous works in Swedish and of two books in English, both of which he edited with Colin Sparks: Communication and Citizenship (Sage, 1991) and Journalism and Popular Culture (Sage, 1992).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGraham Murdock,Jan Wieten,Peter Dahlgren
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.