All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain the skills you need to succeed in the television industry and master the production process, from shooting and producing, to editing and distribution. This new and updated 16th edition of Television Production offers a thorough and practical guide to professional TV and video production techniques. You will learn how to anticipate and quickly overcome commonly-encountered problems in television production, as Jim Owens details all the major features of television production, including the secrets of top-grade camerawork, persuasive lighting techniques, effective sound treatment, as well as the subtle processes of scenic design, and the art of video editing. The 16th edition of this classic text w explores the changing television landscape, the effects of the second screen on viewer experience, 4K and 8K shooting and the real implications it has for your production, and much more. This new edition also includes: * Discussions on the changing definition of television and how new techlogy effects veiwers and their viewing habits * Updated interviews with professionals in the industry, such as ted documentary filmmaker, Sarah Leckie, about the challenges they face during the production process and the advice they would give to those trying to break in to the production and television industries * Thorough definitions of television and production termilogy as well as information on LED lighting and other techlogies used on set * A comprehensive resource page for instructors, containing slides and testing materials to aid in the learning process can be found at www.focalpress.com/cw/owens.
- Author BiographyJim Owens has worked and taught in the video and television industry for over 30 years. He has worked on local, regional and national productions. Owens' international television work has included fourteen Olympic broadcasts and has taken him to over twenty five countries. He is the author of the Video Production Handbook, Television Production, and Television Sports Production (all published by Focal Press), and has had over thirty articles published in television and broadcast magazines in the United States and Europe. He served as the curator of the History of Olympic Broadcasting exhibition at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland. Owens is Dean of the School of Communication Arts at Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky, where he has taught since 1981.
- Author(s)Jim Owens
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note679 colour illustrations, 25 colour tables
- Weight1632 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement16th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.