Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BYThe Wall Street Journal O: The Oprah Magazine BookPage Kirkus Reviews Booklist School Library Journal In this striking literary debut, Carol Rifka Brunt unfolds a moving story of love, grief, and renewal as two lonely people become the unlikeliest of friends and find that sometimes you don t kw you ve lost someone until you ve found them. NATIONAL BESTSELLER NAMED A FAVORITE READ BY GILLIAN FLYNN WINNER OF THE ALEX AWARD 1987. There s only one person who has ever truly understood fourteen-year-old June Elbus, and that s her uncle, the rewned painter Finn Weiss. Shy at school and distant from her older sister, June can only be herself in Finn s company; he is her godfather, confidant, and best friend. So when he dies, far too young, of a mysterious illness her mother can barely speak about, June s world is turned upside down. But Finn s death brings a surprise acquaintance into June s life someone who will help her to heal, and to question what she thinks she kws about Finn, her family, and even her own heart. At Finn s funeral, June tices a strange man lingering just beyond the crowd. A few days later, she receives a package in the mail. Inside is a beautiful teapot she recognizes from Finn s apartment, and a te from Toby, the stranger, asking for an opportunity to meet. As the two begin to spend time together, June realizes she s t the only one who misses Finn, and if she can bring herself to trust this unexpected friend, he just might be the one she needs the most. An emotionally charged coming-of-age vel, Tell the Wolves I m Home is a tender story of love lost and found, an unforgettable portrait of the way compassion can make us whole again. Praise for Tell the Wolves I m Home A dazzling debut vel. O: The Oprah Magazine This compassionate and vital vel will rivet readers until the very end. . . . The narrative is as tender and raw as an exposed nerve, pulsing with the sharpest agonies and ecstasies of the human condition. BookPage Tremendously moving. The Wall Street Journal Transcendent . . . Peopled by characters who will live in readers imaginations long after the final page is turned, Brunt s vel is a beautifully bittersweet mixture of heartbreak and hope. Booklist (starred review) Carol Rifka Brunt establishes herself as an emerging author to watch. Minneapolis Star Tribune Touching and ultimately hopeful. PeopleLook for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader s Circle for author chats and more.
- Author BiographyCarol Rifka Brunt s work has appeared in several literary journals, including North American Review and The Sun. In 2006, she was one of three fiction writers who received the New Writing Ventures award and, in 2007, she received a generous Arts Council grant to write Tell the Wolves I m Home, her first novel. Originally from New York, she currently lives in England with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Carol Rifka Brunt
- PublisherDial Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Press
- Weight340 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.