All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- Description\u201cAll my work fits in my mouth,\u201d Jo Carson says. \u201cI write performance material matter what else the pieces get called, and whether they are for my voice or other characters\u2019 voices ...they are first to be spoken aloud.\u201d Following an oral tradition that has strong roots in her native Tennessee, the author of Teller Tales invites the reader to participate in events in a way that conventional history book can. Both stories in this book are set in East Tennessee in the mid-eighteenth century and share certain characters. The first narrative, \u201cWhat Sweet Lips Can Do,\u201d recounts the story of the Overmountain Men and the battle of King\u2019s Mountain, a tide-turning battle in the American Revolution. \u201cMen of Their Time\u201d is an exploration of white-Cherokee relationships from early contact through the time of the Revolution. Although t well kwn to the outside world, the stories recounted in Teller Tales are cornerstones in the heritage of the Appalachian region and of American history. In ways that will appeal to young and old alike, Jo Carson\u2019s irreverent telling will broaden the audience and the understanding for the stories of native Americans, settlers, explorers, and revolutionaries of early America.
- Author BiographyJo Carson is a writer and performer from Johnson City, Tennessee. She is the author of The Last of the Waltz Across Texas and Other Stories, Stories I Ain't Told Nobody Yet, and Spider Speculations.
- Author(s)Jo Carson
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width3404 mm
- Height5334 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.