All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $57.12Free postage
- AU $65.63Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the first edition of Telling Ain't Training was published in 2002, its practical, learner-focused approach quickly became a favorite with learning and development professionals, as well as school teachers, parents, professors, and anyone else who trains, educates, or instructs. Chockfull of myth-busting research and ready-to-use tools, always delivered in a lighthearted and entertaining style, Telling Ain't Training set new standards for the training industry. That s a tough act to follow, but this long-awaited new edition does t disappoint. While it has been updated, expanded and enhanced to reflect almost a decade of progress, fans of Telling Ain't Training will be relieved to find that its lively, user-friendly tone has been carefully preserved. In fact, this is a book that faithfully practices what it preaches, engaging the reader from page one and immediately involving them in the first of many try-it-yourself exercises in learning.
- Author BiographyHarold D. Stolovitch, CPT, is a graduate of both McGill University in Canada and Indiana University in the United States where he completed a doctorate and postdoctoral work in instructional systems technology. With one foot solidly grounded in the academic world and the other in the workplace, he has conducted a large number of research studies and practical projects always aimed at achieving high learning and performance results.In addition to creating countless instructional materials for a broad range of work settings, Stolovitch has authored more than 300 articles, research reports, book chapters, and books. He is a past president of the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), former editor of thePerformance Improvement Journal, and editorial board member of several human resource and performance technology journals.He has won numerous awards throughout his 40-year career, including the Thomas F. Gilbert Award for Distinguished Professional Achievement, ISPI's highest honor; Member-for-Life, the President's Award for Lifetime Achievements from the Canadian Society for Training and Development, their highest honor; and in 2004, he and his team won the ASTD Outstanding Research Award for their work on Incentives, Motivation, and Workplace Performance.Stolovitch is an emeritus professor, Universite de Montreal, where he headed the instructional and performance technology graduate programs and was the School of Educational Sciences associate dean of research. He is also a former Distinguished Visiting Scholar and clinical professor of human performance at work, University of Southern California. Stolovitch is a principal of HSA Learning & Performance Solutions LLC.Erica J. Keeps, CPT, holds a master's degree in educational psychology from Wayne State University, Detroit, and a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, where she later became a faculty member in the Graduate Business School Executive Education Center.Her 40-year professional career has included training management positions with J.L. Hudson Co. and Allied Supermarkets and senior-level learning and performance consultant positions with a wide variety of organizations. Keeps has not only produced and supervised the production of numerous instructional materials and performance management systems, but has also published extensively on improving workplace learning and performance. She has provided staff development for instructional designers, training administrators, and performance consultants. Keeps has been acknowledged by many learning and performance leaders as a caring mentor and major influence in their careers.She is a former executive board member of the ISPI; a past president of the Michigan Chapter of ISPI; and a Member-for-Life of the Michigan, Montreal, and Los Angeles ISPI chapters. Among her many awards for outstanding contributions to instructional and performance technology is ISPI s Distinguished Service Award for her extensive leadership roles. Keeps is the managing director and a principal of HSA Learning & Performance Solutions LLC.
- Author(s)Erica J. Keeps,Harold D. Stolovitch
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight641 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.