All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $23.67Free postage
- AU $29.25Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn his bestselling Telling Yourself the Truth, William Backus showed that biblical truth, properly believed and used, has power to bring emotional health to people. Now in Telling Each Other the Truth, he demonstrates that truth can also heal relationships. Truth heals the hurts between people as well as the hurts inside them. Developing principles that bring health and strength to interpersonal relationships, Dr. Backus provides the reader with: Insight for speaking the truth in love rather than accusation and defensiveness. Methods to avoid manipulating. The freedom to say . Keys to listening to what others are saying. Skills to help wrap the truth in love. Training in social conversation--truth seasoned with salt. What a difference it makes when we kw what to say, how to say it, and when the time is right.
- Author BiographyDr. William Backus is founder of the Center for Christian Psychological Services, and an ordained clergyman in the Lutheran church. He is also a licensed Consulting Psychologist. He has a master's degree in theology from Concordia Seminary in St. Louis and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Backus has conducted follow-up studies of his clients, which show a 95 percent improvement rate, compared to a 67 percent success rate for other methods of therapy. The difference, Dr. Backus says, is the truth of God as revealed in the Word. In addition, he serves as an assistant pastor on the staff of North Heights Lutheran Church, Roseville, Minnesota, where he has founded and directed a lay-staffed free counseling clinic. He and his wife live in Minnesota.
- Author(s)William Backus
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.