All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invative and accessible way to begin teaching Latin to children of any ageNarrated by the chatty and imaginative Roman poet Ovid (who lived in Rome during the first century BC), this new course takes young learners on a journey through some of the tales from Ovid s Metamorphoses. From Daedalus to the story of Orpheus, Lorna Robinson uses Ovid s stories to teach Latin grammar and vocabulary, exploring the relationship between Latin and English to enhance literacy as well as encouraging children s imaginations by asking them to discuss how Ovid s themes are still topical today. At the end of each chapter there are suggested activities to help learners reinforce what they have just learned. The illustrations bring Ovid s stories alive for a wide range of learners, making this book the ideal first introduction to Latin.
- Author BiographyLorna Robinson has a PhD in classics from University College London and is the director of the Iris Project, which promotes the study of classics in state schools. She was awarded the prestigious EU Language Label Award for 2013 for her innovative approach to teaching Latin. Soham De is a graphic artist who works for an architectural firm.
- Author(s)Lorna Robinson
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content NoteColour line drawings throughout
- Weight177 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Soham De
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.